GeoTrust RapidSSL Wildcard
Save time and money with wildcard certificates. RapidSSL Wildcard certificates from GeoTrust® are the cost-effective option for the protection of several subdomains of one domain name with a single SSL certificate.
They are an alternative to conventional wildcard certificates, which could only be used by companies so far. RapidSSL Wildcard certificates can be used by private persons. With a wildcard SSL certificate you gain high encryption strength and complete organizational validation for an unlimited number of host names within a short time.
YOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Suitable for the protection of confidential information, intranet, mail- and FTP-servers as well as for webservers, where multiple subdomains have to be protected by one SSL connection
- Authentication: checking of domain and owner name through GeoTrust®
- Secure 256 bit SSL encryption
- Protection of any number of subdomains of a domain name
- Guaranteed insurance for $ 5.000
- Gain customer's trust by displaying the available GeoTrust® RapidSSL Site Seal – quality seal
- Simple ordering, renewal and management via the customer menu (KCM)
- Short issuance time of just one to two days
- Validity periods between 1 to 3 years
- Compatible with more than 99 % of web browsers and most mobile browsers
- Can be used independent of provider or hosting product
- GeoTrust® is one of the largest and best-known certificate authorities worldwide
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORDERING PROCESS
You would like to buy an SSL certificate? Ordering your SSL certificate is very simple. Once you have selected a suitable certificate click on “Order” and tick the desired term in the next step. Afterwards complete your information and select how you wish to pay. You will then receive an order confirmation by clicking on our Key Control Management Centre (KCM). You can let us know any further configuration requirements you may have, add further SAN domains, if you wish and complete the order through the ticketing system.
Thanks to the GeoTrust® RapidSSL Wildcard certificate you can extend the security of a certificate with the aid of wildcard algorithms (asterisks and dot before the top level domain name) to any number of subdomains that are hosted on one server.
The validation of domain names and certificate holders (e.g. checking of Whois entry, email information and telephone number if needed) prior to the certificate being issued, makes this SSL certificate particularly fitting, if website visitors should recognize a high degree of security and trustworthiness.
The GeoTrust® RapidSSL Wildcard certificate guarantees, depending on browser capability and the encryption installed on the web server, an encryption of up to 256 bit SSL. This ensures that data are kept securely confidential between web server and web browser. The lock symbol in the browser additionally serves to highlight the security measures in place. You are covered against misuse of the wildcard certificate to the sum of $ 5,000.
If you buy an SSL certificate from Keyweb, the configuration of your SSL certificates can easily be made via the customer menu (KCM). In the Key Control Management Center you will also receive information about the extension of your HTTPS certificates and how to order additional certificates via ticket system. You select the validity period of one to three years during the ordering process.
You decide where you want to use your GeoTrust® RapidSSL Wildcard certificates. You can use them for existing webhosting packages, for virtual and dedicated servers at Keyweb, but you can also use them at other internet service providers.
- Selecting the term of the certificate
- Stating the exact domain name, e.g. http://www.meinekeywebdomain.de
- Name, first name, telephone number and email address of the responsible person
- A confirmation link is sent to the email address that you enter, hence the address has to have one of the following address formats: admin@yourdomain, webmaster@yourdomain, administrator@yourdomain, hostmaster@yourdomain, postmaster@yourdomain
- Stating a CSR key (public key): we will be happy to generate a CSR code for you
If you have any questions regarding the correct SSL certificate for you or if you want further information, we will be here to advise you. Just get in touch. We will be happy to call you back, when you use our free callback service.