Thawte SSL Webserver
If your website requires official registration, whether because it is a public sector site or a site for employee use, an Thawte® SSL web server certificate secures the confidential data exchanged online and confirms the identity of your website by identifying the certificate holder. SSL web server certificates include the complete authentification of an organisation, contain the Thawte® Trusted Site Seal and grant the added option of using the same certificate also for other domain names.
YOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Secure login for public and employee sites, protection of web servers, including gateways, online forms, mail and FTP servers as well as VPNs
- Organisation authentification: checking of domain and organisation name through Thawte®
- Secure 256-, 128-, 56- or 40- bit SSL encryption
- Guaranteed insurance of $ 250,000
- Customer confidence by displaying Thawte® Trusted Site Seal (available in 18 languages)
- Simple ordering, renewal and management via the customer menu (KCM)
- Short issuance time of just one or two workdays (depending on availability of registration data of the domain name)
- Choice between a term of the Certificates from 1 to 3 years
- Expansion of up to 4 additional domain names (subject alternative name) possible
- Compatible with more than 99 % of web browsers and most mobile browsers
- Can be used independent of provider and hosting-products
- Thawte® is one of the leading verification authorities with a global infrastructure
The Thawte® SSL web server certificate provides protection for all websites, that require registration. It confirms and signals your identity and therefore the trustworthiness of your website to employees, business partners and customers.
As soon as visitors click on the Thawte® Trusted Site Seal or view the certificate details in their browser, your organisation’s name appears and makes it absolutely clear that Thawte®, an organisation that can be trusted, has checked the authenticity of your website. For this HTTPS cetrificate comprehensive authentification procedures verify domain name and domain owner, amongst other things by checking telephone and bank details and by verifying the registration in the commercial register.
Depending on the browser performance of the user and the crypto-algorithms installed on your web server, an SSL web server certificate offers encryption of 256, 128, 56 or 40 bit SSL. The encryption is thus comparable with an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, but without the immediately visible and effective address bar. Additionally, with an SSL web server certificate you are insured against misuse for up to $ 250,000.
You can configure your SSL certificates conveniently via the customer menu (KCM). Here you will also find more information on extending your certificate and on ordering further certificates via ticket system. In addition to the protection of a domain or sub-domain over a period from 1 to 3 years, a Thawte® SSL web server certificate also gives you the option to secure and insure up to 4 further domain names (SAN) in addition to your main domain. SAN domains (“Subject Alternative Names”) are charged on top of the existing SSL web server certificate and must be stated just like the contract duration already while ordering the certificate.
How and where you use your SSL web server certificates is up to you. You can use them for existing webhosting packages, for virtual and dedicated servers at Keyweb, but you can also use them at other internet service providers.
- Selecting the term for the certificate;
- Stating the exact domain name, e.g. www.your-name.de (the certificate can either be accessed with or without “www”; both at the same time are not possible);
- Only usable for companies;
- Business address for which the certificate is issued;
- Name, first name, telephone number and email address of the person responsible and their position in the company, such as Head of Technology;
- A confirmation link is sent to the email address that you enter, hence the address has to have one of the following address formats: admin@yourdomain, webmaster@yourdomain, administrator@yourdomain, hostmaster@yourdomain, postmaster@yourdomain;
- Stating a CSR key (public key): we will be happy to generate a CSR code for you. If you want to generate the key yourself, please email us the key to email@example.com, stating which SSL software was used to produce it.
- If SAN domains are desired:
- A maximum of 4 additional SAN domains can be booked
- All SAN domains must be on the same server and have to be determined in the order process
- Afterwards you cannot add further SAN domains or change SAN domain names
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORDERING PROCESS
Would you likt to buy an SSL certificate? Ordering your SSL certificate is quick and easy. When you have selected a suitable certificate, click on “Order” and as a next step enter the desired term. Afterwards complete your information and select how you wish to pay. You will then receive an order confirmation by clicking on our Key Control Management Centre (KCM). You can let us know any further configuration requirements you may have, add further SAN domains, if you wish and complete the order through the ticketing system.
We are always here for you. Do you have a question regarding the choice of suitable SSL certificates or do you need more in-depth information? We will be happy to advise you. Give us a call or wrote a E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .