Thawte SSL Web Server Certificates with EV
The Thawte® SSL web server certificate with EV offers optimal protection for a domain or sub-domain with extremely high security requirements. The extended validation makes it possible for visitors to see the holder of the certificate directly in the address bar of the browser. In combination with the address bar highlighted in green plus the Thawte® Trusted Site Seal, this HTTPS certificate signals your customers the highest possible degree of assurance and trust, which visitors need to securely complete transactions on your site.
YOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Create visual confidence and security on online banking level for all users
- Optimum protection against phishing attacks
- The highest level of authentication: validation of domain name and business plus additional verification procedures in accordance with directives by Thawte®
- Secure 256 bit SSL encryption
- Guaranteed insurance for $ 750,000
- Green browser address bar with direct visibility of the verified company name and the authentication authority
- Display of the internet address with "https" and a closed padlock
- Customer confidence by displaying the dynamic Thawte® Trusted Site Seal
- Simple ordering, renewal and management via the customer menu (KCM)
- Issuance time of just one to 10 workdays
- Validity Options 1 – 2 years
- Expansion of up to 4 additional domain names (subject alternative name) possible
- Compatible with more than 99 % of web browsers and most mobile browsers
- Can be used independent of provider and products
- Thawte® has a global infrastructure and is one of the leading verification authorities
Thawte® SSL web server certificates with Extended Validation (EV) protect public websites where customers enter their credit card details or other highly sensitive data (e.g when shopping online, when doing online banking or making secure registrations and during account self-service interactions) and public websites, which depend on the number of transactions and the resulting added value. They offer up to 256 bit SSL encryption and an insurance coverage of $ 750,000.
For SSL web server certificates with extended validation, detailed information about the operator of the website is investigated - on top of the also performed domain checks - and these checks are extremely comprehensive and stringent. Prior to issuing the certificate, Thawte® checks amongst other things the company name that has been registered, the registration number, the registered address, the actual business address and the business name used.
As a highly visible signal that your company complies with the most powerful authentication levels all over the world, the address bar changes its colour to green in modern browsers. At the same time your domain’s IP address is shown as “https” coupled with a closed padlock. Next to the IP address, the name of your company and the certification authority appears. This way, visitors can see at first sight, that your website is authentic and trustworthy. By integrating the Thawte® Trusted Site Seal you are disclosing your domain name, your organisation and your location to the visitor as well, which all serve to strengthen visitors' trust in your identity.
Configuring your SSL certificate is conveniently performed through the customer menu (KCM). Here you will also find more information on extending your certificate and on ordering further certificates via ticket system. By buying SSL certificates with EV of up to biennial validity and other licences to protect several servers for one domain (server housing, clustering, load balancing server etc.) you can save time and money. Furthermore, with this certificate you have the option to protect up to 4 further domain names (SAN) in addition to your primary domain. The costs for SAN domains (“Subject Alternative Names”) are charged on top of the fees for the existing SSL web server certificates and must be named at the time of initial ordering as well as the term.
You can decide yourself how to use your certificates – whether for existing webhosting packages, for virtual or dedicated servers of Keyweb, or to use them at different internet service providers – how and where you use the certificates is entirely up to you.
Please note that Thawte® SSL web server certificates with EV are chained SSL certificates and your web server must support the certificate chain.
- Selecting the term for the certificate
- Stating the exact domain name, e.g. www.mykeywebdomain.de (the certificate can either be accessed with or without “www”; both at the same time are not possible).
- Company / organisation must be registered by an official registration authority within their jurisdiction
- Signed contract confirmation by the representative of the company that is listed on the order, as well as a legal opinion which indicates that the applying person has got the official authorization of receipt and approval of an SSL Certificate with EV on behalf of the company
- Confirmation of an active deposit account and the exclusive right to use the domain;
- Business address for which the certificate is issued
- Name, first name, telephone number and email address of the person responsible and their position in the company, such as Head of Technology
- A confirmation link is sent to the email address that you enter, hence the address has to have one of the following address formats: admin@yourdomain, webmaster@yourdomain, administrator@yourdomain, hostmaster@yourdomain, postmaster@yourdomain
- Stating a CSR key (public key): we will be happy to generate a CSR code for you. If you want to generate the key yourself, please email us the key to email@example.com, stating which SSL software was used to produce it.
- If SAN domains are desired:
- A maximum of 4 extra SAN domains can be booked
- All SAN domains must be on the same server and be determined in the order process
- Afterwards you cannot add further SAN domains or change SAN domain names
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORDERING PROCESS
Would you like to buy an SSL certificate? Ordering your SSL certificate is easy. When you have selected a suitable certificate, click on “Order” and as a next step enter the desired term. After that, complete your information and select how you wish to pay. You will then receive an order confirmation with a link to our Key Control Management Centre (KCM). You can let us know any further configuration requirements you may have, add further SAN domains, if you wish and complete the order through the ticketing system.
We are always here for you. Should you have any questions regarding the correct SSL certificate for you or if you want further information, we will be available to advise you. Just get in touch. We will be happy to call you back using our free callback service.