Thawte Wildcard SSL Certificate
Save time and money with wildcard certificates. Wildcard SSL certificates from Thawte® are the cost-effective option for the protection of several subdomains of one domain name with a single SSL certificate. With a wildcard SSL certificate you gain high encryption strength and complete organisational validation for an unlimited number of hostnames within a short time.
YOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Suitable for small and medium-sized e-commerce offerings, secure login for public and staff pages as well as for web servers, where multiple subdomains have to be protected by an SSL connection
- Company authentification: checking of domain and company name through Thawte®
- Secure 256 bit SSL encryption
- SSL lock in the browser bar: when clicking, visibility of certificate holders and place
- Protection of any number of subdomains of a domain name
- Guaranteed insurance for $ 125,000
- Incl. certification seal Thawte® Trusted Site Seal
- Simple ordering, renewal and management via the customer menu (KCM)
- Short issuance time of just one to two days
- Securing SSL certificates available with 1 to 2 years’ validity
- Compatible with more than 99 % of web browsers and most mobile browsers
- Can be used independently from provider
- With its global infrastructure Thawte® is one of the leading verification authorities
Thanks to the Thawte® wildcard SSL certificate you can extend the security of a certificate with the aid of wildcard algorithms (asterisks and dot before the top level domain name) to any number of subdomains that are hosted on one server.
The complete validation of domain names and certificate holders (e.g. checking of telephone number and bank details, certificate of registration) prior to the certificate being issued, makes this wildcard SSL certificate particularly suited, if website visitors should be signaled a high degree of security and trustworthiness. This is advisable for both, smaller e-commerce platforms and for public sector sites or staff websites that require secure membership registration.
The Thawte® wildcard certificate guarantees an encryption of 128 to 256 bit SSL, depending on browser capability and the encryption installed on the web server. This ensures that data are kept securely confidential between web server and web browser. With a single click on the lock symbol in the browser, users get information about certificate holder and location. This additionally highlights the implemented security measures. You are assured against wildcard certificate misuse up to the sum of $ 125,000.
The configuration of your SSL certificate can conveniently be performed via the customer menu (KCM). Via the ticket system in the Key Control Management Centre, you get information about extending your HTTPS certificate and about ordering further certificates. Select between a one or two year validity period at the time of ordering.
You decide where you want to use your wildcard certificates. You can use them for existing webhosting packages, for virtual and dedicated servers at Keyweb, but you can also use them at other internet service providers.
- Selecting the term for the certificate
- Stating the exact domain name, e.g. www.your-name.de (the certificate can either be accessed with or without “www”; both at the same time are not possible).
- Business address for which the certificate is issued
- Name, first name, telephone number and email address of the person responsible and its position in the company, such as Head of Technology
- A confirmation link is sent to the email address that you enter, hence the address has to have one of the following address formats: admin@yourdomain, webmaster@yourdomain, administrator@yourdomain, hostmaster@yourdomain, postmaster@yourdomain
- Stating a CSR key (public key): we will be happy to generate a CSR code for you
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORDERING PROCESS
Would you like to buy an SSL certificate? Ordering your SSL certificate is very simple. Once you have selected a suitable certificate click on “Order” and tick the desired term in the next step. After that, complete your information and select how you wish to pay. You will then receive an order confirmation by clicking on our Key Control Management Centre (KCM). You can let us know any further configuration requirements you may have, add further SAN domains, if you wish and complete the order through the ticketing system.
We are always here for you. Should you have any questions regarding the correct SSL certificate for you or if you would like further information, we’ll be here to advise you. Just get in touch. We will be happy to call you back using our free callback service.
You want to offer your customers the assurance and security of an SSL certificate at the same security level of online banking? Make use of the competitive advantages that SSL web server certificates with EV offer your business. More information